19431 – Software Engineer
|Location||Rockland County, NY|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$80K - $100K|
|Job ID Number||19431|
Seeking a stellar candidate who is resourceful, detail oriented and self-directed with a passion for doing both front and back-end development of large-scale web applications. You will play a key role in our team, working alongside other developers, product and design teams to continually evolve and help scale our business. At this company, developers do not just write code, we actively participate in a highly collaborative environment to find creative solutions that matter most to our customers.
- Be flexible and creative, learn fast (steep learning involved with different technologies) and able to self-manage in a fun but fast paced environment.
- Lead projects through all aspects of the development process, including design discussions and story grooming, pointing, and prioritization.
- Consistently work to become a better developer, such as researching new technologies and approaches to solve problems and ability to differentiate between real trends vs overhyped fads.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to ensure delivery of best possible UX/UI Experience.
- Designing and implementing solutions within distributed, scalable architecture that are highly available within AWS.
- Work closely with Clinical Pathology and our customers to understand their challenges and objectives and identify new opportunities to improve their productivity efficiency and medical efficacy.
- Communicates effectively with users, peers and management and involve stakeholders in decision-making.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Produce functional, technical, and user documentation that describe the specifications, data flows, and user interfaces.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science with at least 5 years of full stack software development experience.
- Highly knowledgeable in working within AWS offerings (EC2, IAM, S3, Lambda, Cognito, Load Balancing etc.).
- Proficient in authorization and state management (Redux)
- Experience implementing and integrating with RESTful API services.
- Proficiency within a Linux-based environment.
- Sound knowledge of Relational Databases (RDBMS), SQL & No-SQL databases.
Nice to have:
- Experience with one of these languages: C#, C++, Go, Python.
- Machine learning/algorithm development experience.
- Lab information system exposure.
- Image processing experience.
- A passion for software quality and security.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines as a member of a team.