19423 – Senior Business Process Lead – Commercial Analytics
|Location||New York, NY|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$140K - $145K + 15% Bonus|
|Job ID Number||19423|
The primary responsibility of the Senior Business Process Lead – Commercial Analytics is to drive the advancement of company’s end-to-end Commercial Analytics business processes, capabilities, & performance across merchandise financial planning, demand management, merchandise assortment planning, inventory management & allocation, and commercial selling.
This role has a significant leadership (influence) impact on building, enabling, and advancing the company’s Analytics processes & capabilities across brands and business units. It requires a strong ability to influence at multiple levels across the organization.
This position actively partners with business and IT in the implementation of Commercial Analytics business transformation projects with a focus on leading Commercial Analytics process optimization and capability implementation. This role drives and facilitates key business enablement activities including business use cases & outcomes, data & metric requirements, capability design reviews, data validation, user acceptance testing, education & training, and business readiness/adoption.
• Contribute as a Commercial Analytics Thought Leader & Subject Matter Expert with strong working knowledge of Commercial Planning, Merchandising, Selling, & Inventory Management to elevate analytics process & capabilities to deliver on business value outcomes.
• Spearhead current state Commercial Analytics process discovery & assessment to understand business requirements & improvement opportunities for new capabilities.
• Drive future state vision, definition, & optimization of Commercial Analytics processes leveraging new digital capabilities.
• Define & document future state Commercial Analytics business use cases, outcomes, data, & metric requirements leveraging new capabilities.
• Ensure consistent approach to defining Commercial Analytics metrics & KPIs including definitions, data, & calculations.
• Operate in a leadership capacity to drive business process and enablement activities for Commercial Analytics transformation initiatives.
• Ensure cross-functional integration of Commercial Analytics with other company enterprise data domains.
• Partner with business units in understanding “from/to” change impacts, assessing process & organizational readiness, and implementing change readiness action plans to ensure successful adoption.
• Drive preparation and facilitate execution of user acceptance testing.
• Lead development of Commercial Analytics training & connect with “day in the life” business process training playbooks, how-to guides, and procedure documentation.
• Facilitate delivery of Commercial Analytics data-driven decision-making training and conduct pre and post go-live evaluations to identify risks and drive training/adoption corrective actions.
• Coach & guide Analytics Champions, SMEs, & end users in applying Commercial Analytics leading practices in the set-up & continuous improvement of tools & techniques to optimize performance
• Contribute to the development and implementation of standardized Commercial Analytics KPI analytics & reporting capabilities.
• Monitor Commercial Analytics capability adoption with objective of unlocking foresights, hindsight’s & insights.
• Lead & facilitate cross business unit forums to exchange of Commercial Analytics best practices, transfer knowledge, share adoption successes and learnings, and drive continuous improvement opportunities.
• Oversee metric, reporting, & analytics governance, prioritization and management of enhancement requests across business units related to Commercial Analytics continuous improvements.
• Lead a continuous learning environment with respect to utilizing the latest methodologies, technologies, and illustrative best practices to tell stories which can enable data-driven business decisions.
• Drive commercial operational excellence through optimization of data models and working closely with Business Intelligence Experts and data engineers.
• Influence cross functional, agile team to deliver key product features from conception through launch.
• Support senior management by managing metrics reporting and performing data mining and data analysis to provide strategic advice on business models.
• Support development of project plans, timelines, & resourcing for business enablement activities to support Commercial Analytics transformation initiatives.
• Stay apprised of latest analytics and technology capabilities that can be applied to company Commercial processes.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 8 years operational and/or consulting experience in Business Planning (Demand, Inventory, Margin, Merchandise, & Assortment), Business/Data Analytics, or Business Intelligence.
• Retail Apparel or Consumer Products company experience preferred, especially a fast-moving, multi-channel consumer goods business.
• Experience in creating reports, projections, models, & presentations to support business strategy & tactics.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in business process management or improvement.
• 5+ years’ experience with leading Planning & Retail assortment management applications (i.e., JDA), Commercial ERP (i.e., SAP), & Analytics Tools (i.e., Business Objects/Tableau). Preferably involved in the design & implementation of Commercial Analytics & decision support capabilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Mathematics, or related Quantitative field. MBA a plus.
• Business Analytics or Data Insights certification a plus.
• Fully conversant in Commercial Analytics concepts, leading practice business processes and techniques, and advanced Planning system (JDA preferred) functional capabilities.
• Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated use of data analysis and metrics to drive decision making and continuous improvement.
• Demonstrated leadership skills in managing a business transformation initiative, process and system implementation project, and cross-functional teams
• Effective communication, collaboration, facilitation, and influencing skills with ability to interface across functional areas and at all levels of the organization.
• Proven ability to develop teams and educate and train others in new ways of doing business.
• Solid project management skills & experience with Agile methodologies.