19357 – Lead Data Engineer – Analytics Product Development
|Location||Bergen County, NJ|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Job ID Number||19357|
The Lead Data Engineer is responsible for leading data warehouse team, designing, developing and supporting highly scalable data warehousing solutions and expected to work with the latest Microsoft BI tools to create solutions that meet internal and external stake holder’s business needs.
- Lead data warehouse development team.
- Participate in analysis, design, development, deployment and support of Data Warehouse solutions.
- Work closely with Architects in implementing best practices and managing production and development/test environments.
- Work closely with Product Management team to prioritize development work, timelines, scope sprints and releases.
- Work with stakeholders to understand business needs and develop highly scalable solutions and make recommendations to help solve problems or improve processes.
- Understanding and working with multiple data sources to meet business rules and supports analytical needs.
- Create Databrick notebooks, stored procedures, SSIS packages, and using other methods to import/translate/manipulate data.
- Create SSAS cubes and automate processes for analytical needs.
- Analyze potential data quality issues to determine the root cause and creating effective solutions.
- Optimize processes involving large data sets to improve performance.
- Deliver high quality projects on time and budget in fast paced environments.
- Participates in on-going evolution, improvement, and automation of data warehouse solutions.
- Mentor developers and analysts.
- 8+ years of experience working directly with data warehouses and Business Intelligence.
- 8+ years’ experience designing, developing, testing, and supporting of ETL, and OLAP cubes.
- 5+ years’ experience on Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS).
- 2+ years’ experience on Microsoft Azure data warehouse stack and/or Databricks
- Advanced SQL Server programming and knowledge of data warehousing best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of OLAP technologies, and dimensional modeling.
- Working experience in Microsoft Azure Data Warehouse technologies such as Azure Data Factory, Polybase, U-SQL, SQL Data warehouse, Azure Analysis Services.
- Working experience in Databricks.
- Working experience in at least one of the BI tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire, MicroStrategy.
- The ability to extrapolate database schema to meet the business needs of the application.
- Net or Java programming skills are plus.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High school diploma or GED.