19355 – UI Designer
|Location||Morris County, NJ|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$125K - $130K|
|Job ID Number||19355|
Global company with offices in New Jersey, Miami, San Francisco, Canada, London, Leeds, and Singapore. We are passionate about technology and helping businesses become industry leaders. As a leading provider of decisioning and analytics products for financial services and other industries, we empower businesses to create innovative, digital-first financial decisioning solutions that drive business growth. Currently, all employees are working remotely.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for people who share our values and our passion, who are creative and rise to meet challenges. Individual contributors, who thrive in a collaborative culture and strong technical environment. People who are self-starting and dynamic in nature with interest in learning cutting edge technologies to produce and deliver proof of concepts with minimum direction.
What You Will Do
The UI Designer will design tools and experiences that empower and help users make informed decisions. The UI Designer serves as design lead in the design, prototyping, and production oversight of tools and product features, seeing projects through cycle of conception, release, and iteration. The UI Designer will demonstrate and understanding on design, usability, user testing and research and have an updated knowledge of trends and best practices and user experience design.
- Excellent visual design skills, including typography, color, composition, visual hierarchy, and interface design. Ability, if ever needed, to deliver a polished "pixel perfect" design prototype.
- Plan and implement new designs.
- Optimize existing user interface designs.
- Develop technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions.
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements.
- Understanding and of UI process - ability to produce low-fidelity wire frames and turn it into high level presentation layer while adhering to existing product.
- An expert at wireframing and prototyping.
- A problem solver. You can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use.
- A systems-minded thinker. You can extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors.
- Ability to work with business stakeholders to define user needs and develop high-level requirements.
- Attention to detail in vetting out designs in-browser, across devices, and for various use cases and for cross-platform functionality.
- Ability to communicate ideas and reasoning to non-technical and non-creative audiences.
- Solid organizational and time management skills and strong sense of cultural awareness
- An open-minded learner. You love working with other designers, developers, and product people.
- Experience in designing creative and vibrant B2B user experiences.
- Demonstrated creativity when designing user experiences.
- Bachelor's Degree Interactive Design, UI/UX Design or equivalent work experience, Master's Degree a strong plus.
- Must have experience with Enterprise - software environment with SaaS product.
- 3-5 years in a product design role with a strong focus on user experience and tools
- 2+ years of experience working with complex / technical products.
- Expertise in standard product design software such as Figma, Sketch, Axure, InVision or equivalent is a must.
Qualifications, Strengths and Skill
- Understanding of MDL and concepts working with Web Development Teams
- Great attention to detail and keen eye for design / minimalist style
- Ability to document design deliverables – annotations.
- Deep understanding of layout, visual hierarchy, color, and graphic UI standards
- Be able to present their work, explain their thought process.
Nice to Have
- Agile concepts / Jira use background.
- Experience in the Fintech space on digital web products a strong plus.
- Interaction Design (micro-interactions) and web animation experience.
- Graphic Design experience a plus (icon design, logo etc., illustration in vector.