19336 – Business Systems Analyst
|Location||Morris County, NJ|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$70K - $75K + Bonus|
|Job ID Number||19336|
Responsible for assisting the company to operate more effectively and efficiently through the design and implementation of information technology systems. Evaluate the company’s needs by analyzing the current operating systems and procedures. Design improvements and/or make recommendations for new technology systems based on the business needs. Oversee implementation of new systems or technology. Serve as liaison between employees and third-party IT support company or other vendors to ensure all technical issues are addressed and resolved.
- Able to work a flexible/on-call schedule as needed, such as in the event of an IT emergency.
- Must be able to complete and pass pre-employment background check, drug screen, and physical exam.
- Able to communicate effectively (reading, writing, speaking) in English.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Evaluate overall business workflow and connectivity to company systems to develop/implement consistent and streamlined processes.
- Determine operational goals by analyzing business functions, completing research, and evaluating business outcomes in order to help achieve overall strategic goals of business.
- Consult with leadership to identify and analyze the needs of the business.
- Improve information technology systems by evaluating current system practices and identifying problems or areas in need of improvement.
- Make recommendations or provide solutions by creating system modifications, and/or researching systems that may be better suited for the company.
- Manage all aspects of IT projects from inception to completion by developing project objectives, phases, and action steps, forming project team, and establishing project budget.
- Oversee implementation of new software systems and ensure employees are proficient in using systems.
- Act as liaison between employees and third-party IT firm or other vendors to ensure all needs and requests are completed.
- Maintain all system protocols by creating written procedures and revising them as needed based on system upgrades, etc.
- Provide reference guides for users by creating and maintaining user manuals and providing training to users on systems.
- Preserve confidentiality of all sensitive information in order to maintain user confidence and protect business operations.
- Research, analyze, and summarize data and findings to prepare reports and present information as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through various means including attending educational conferences, reviewing professional publications, building professional networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Highly analytical and critical thinking mindset.
- Excellent problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Detail oriented and capable of delivering at a high level of accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Vast knowledge of business structure and overall business processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Strong understanding of business systems, with the ability to troubleshoot and implement new software programs.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, expert level preferred.
- Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics or Business Central experience preferred.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Works well independently as well as part of a team.
- Keen project management skills, ability to lead projects from inception to completion.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine (when available) required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 3 or more years’ work experience in related field required.