19328 – Manager, Software Engineering
|Location||Morris County, NJ|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$145K - $175K|
|Job ID Number||19328|
The Software Development Manager oversees a team of developers who design, develop and maintain the operation of a database-driven applications with a specific emphasis on usability, performance and scalability. In this position, you will oversee all technical matters companywide and manage our App support team. You will work collaboratively with VP Software Engineering, the development team, and various stakeholders within the company to ensure the delivery of all products in an efficient, timely manner.
- Develop relations with existing and prospective internal customers to interpret all individual requirements.
- Learn and display as how products would add value to respective business.
- Should Act as a bridge between technical and Business Development Team including Business analysts and end-users.
- Should be good in requirement elicitation, prototyping and writing relevant design documents for critical elements.
- Should be responsible for getting sign-off on requirement and deliveries from concerned teams.
Architecting, designing and Development
- Architects .NET and database-based solutions by studying existing technology architecture; evaluating solution alternatives; developing prototypes; and writing detailed technical requirements
- Ensure top quality design reviews attaining business goals.
- Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high-quality software.
- Evaluate and Improve application performance
- Responsible for coordination, requirements derivation, software design, and implementation of projects.
- Responsible for planning and tracking the project milestones.
- Delegates tasks to, organizes, mentors and motivates a team of talented software developers.
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of technology and instills the principles of this culture in development team
- Supervise resource allocation to assure attainment of apt business and personnel development goals.
- Involve in strategic plans to accomplish technical as well as business with leadership chain, team and with customers.
- Develop framework and process for applications project using existing technologies that is implemented in a structured, maintainable fashion.
- Work closely with product development teams, product management, design office, services, and helps in upgrade testing, analyzing and resolving upgrade issues.
- Attend to customer escalations.
- Ability to effectively communicate within a team environment.
- Self-motivated and directed with high attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently execute tasks.
- 10+ years’ experience in C#, ASP.NET, MVC 4.0 or above, NET Framework 2.0 – 4.0, Visual Studio 2012/2017, SQL Server 2012/2014.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading development team
- Minimum 3 years of experience as in role of Development Manager
- Any C++ experience will be a plus
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Strong analytical, logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail.
- Exposure to Project Management tool, Defect Tracking tool, Class diagraming tools
- Exposure of working in Agile – Scrum and Extreme programming environments.