19327 – Director, Software Development
|Location||Morris County, NJ|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$210K + Bonus|
|Job ID Number||19327|
The Software Development Director is responsible for supervising application development, leading software-related projects, maintaining and supporting current platforms, and assisting to define the strategy and vision for our proprietary SaaS software suite. This position will manage a team of approximately 12 developers and 2 QA team members, and will ensure quality output, team efficiency, and professional development.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform systems, design, and application development, as well as evaluate code reviews and make recommendations for changes. Monitor software quality processes to improve code functionality and reliability and provide high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and check in regularly for continuous integration
- Responsible for the continuous enhancement and stability of production proprietary applications. This includes all aspects of incident and problem management, standardized methods and procedures for efficient and prompt handling of all changes, in order to minimize the adverse impact of any change-related incidents on service quality.
- Enforce the Software Development Lifecycle requirements, which includes but is not limited to secure coding practices, testing, and version control processes to assure consistency, quality and timeliness. Ensure all proposed changes follow the Change Management policy and procedure for production changes and adhere to the Information Security Policy and Software Development best practices
- Provide end-to-end ownership, while working closely with software developers and product teams, and successful delivery of software development projects and escalations.
- Identify technical requirements by considering data, processes, customer feedback and user research. Translate ambiguous requirements into deliverable features.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects. Partner with Product Owners, Engineering, Team Members, and Project Managers to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables based on an agreed upon set of requirements
- Effectively communicate the status of projects and high priority/impact changes or support requests both verbally and through documentation to internal stakeholders and management
- Create and maintain a consistent, reliable, and repeatable system for managing application support. Track and identify frequently occurring, high impact application support issues as candidates for permanent resolution. Establish and report on application support requests SLAs. Owns the relationship with the business and other functional units for application production support issues
- Stay abreast of new and emerging security threats and mitigation approaches for your respective area and perform periodic security reviews of assigned areas. Collaborate with the IT Security and Operations to develop and maintain relevant security program for development environment
- Work to ensure HIPAA compliance in all aspects of data utilization and information access to protect PHI and enforce such within the Software Development team. Limit viewing of PHI to the absolute minimum as necessary to perform assigned duties for the Software Development Team. Report any security or HIPAA violations or concerns for your team to the HIPAA Officers in a timely fashion.
- Perform additional assignments and participate in special projects as required by the needs of the company or as directed by management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a management role leading a team of full stack Developers
- Strong experience interfacing directly with Business Owners for requirements gathering and problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and group presentations)
- Detail and process oriented with excellent prioritization skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across the IT organization
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to pick up proprietary domain knowledge quickly
- Experience and temperament to mentor staff both technically and professionally
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience building consumer facing web applications
- Strong knowledge and implementation experience in the Microsoft Technology Stack. Experience with Oracle and C++ preferred but not required
- Strong experience in front-end development skills and building Responsive Front-end apps
- Strong experience with Microservices and Service oriented architecture.
- Strong Database Design/Development skills from an application development standpoint. Strong SQL skills a pre-requisite.
- Experience in driving technical standards and architectural vision and innovating with technology
- Strong knowledge of web security and best practices of secure web development
- Ability to balance operational and development needs and priorities
- Ability to interface well with both internal and external customers in resolving issues or working towards improvement
- Identify systemic operational issues and holistically resolve them
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Ability to work On-Premise
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and off-hours as needed
- Software Developer(s), QA