19309 – Software Engineer
|Location||New York, NY|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$90K - $130K|
|Job ID Number||19309|
The Software Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing technology solutions to support and enhance mission-critical business operations throughout the organization. This includes internal custom web applications and services, database development, and the integration of 3rd-party and vendor-developed systems. This position reports to the Full Stack Engineering Lead.
- At the direction of the Full Stack Engineering Lead, participate in the design and delivery of engineering solutions in a predominately Microsoft stack, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure, and performance.
- Enthusiasm and desire to play a key role in modernizing the current stack, potentially outside of Microsoft technologies.
- Collaborate with business system analysts, product managers, vendors, and internal clients to provide guidance and delivery for technical solutions.
- Analyze, evaluate, and recommend potential solutions, including custom, 3rd-party, and vendor-developed systems.
- Ensure consistency and compliance to architectural designs.
- Contribute directly to the development, testing, and support of applications and processes.
- Work with product managers to develop project schedules, allocate resources, set priorities, and interact with business clients and vendors.
- Troubleshoot, reverse engineer, and redesign existing systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing applications, services, and APIs to support various business clients (Finance, HR, Customer Service, etc.) and public-facing systems.
- A Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics preferred. Equivalent experience and training will be considered in lieu of the degree.
- Experience with relational database management systems.
- Consistent and efficient design, development, and testing methodologies.
- Effective communication skills.
- Professional and collaborative with a sense of ownership.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Self-starter who can work as part of a virtual team and remain motivated in a dynamic environment.
- Genuine passion for conservation and the mission of the National Audubon Society.
- Experience with AWS services and architecture or equivalent experience on Azure or Google Cloud preferred.
- Experience with React.js or similar frameworks preferred.
- Salesforce CRM with NPSP, Sales, and Service Cloud preferred.
- MuleSoft (Data Integration) preferred.
- MSSQL Database administration (Replication, Disaster Recovery, Security) preferred.
- NET enhanced tools (DevExpress/Telerik) preferred.
- Nonprofit experience (Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, Conservation, etc.) a plus.