19263 – Sr. Specialist, Resource Capacity Planner for TPG Shared Services
|Location||Somerset County, NJ|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$85K - $100K + Bonus|
|Job ID Number||19263|
Responsible for assisting the Shared Services components of the TPG organization with designing, developing, and maintaining detailed resource-loaded schedules for implementation, development, process and operational systems. Works with stakeholder teams to develop detailed schedules and assists in keeping these schedules current using MS Project, MS Project Server software. Assist stakeholder teams in developing and or modifying project schedules and or the integration of multiple project schedules. Helps to maintains status on linkages and dependencies with related projects.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Supports weekly and monthly project and portfolio compliance tracking to required methodology, process and policies. Works with PM’s to confirm status and identify action plan to address any open items.
- Supports department SVP with on-demand reporting and analysis of the project portfolio for their team(s).
- Coordinate periodic analysis of resource impacts of portfolio changes.
- Analyzes project schedule and resource data to ensure accurate capital and expense identification in support of the month end financial reporting. Works with Project Managers to resolve any related open questions and issues in MS Project Server.
- Supports process analysis, development, materials creation and implementation for the PPM functions.
- Supports the owners of the TPG area by providing portfolio and project analysis and recommendations. Highlights areas of risk or issue and makes recommendations to mitigate them.
- Provides coaching and assistance to Portfolio Managers, Project Managers, Project Leads, Program Managers with tool, reporting and process questions.
- Provides recommendations to the PMO and Leadership team in support of creating efficiency and accuracy around the PMO tools and processes.
- Monitor Resource Assignment and Availability to ensure and help identify where over / under allocations exist as scope or timeframe shifts for cross functional projects
- Ensures that Project Leads, Managers, are creating and maintaining the Project Status Report in compliance to the mandatory weekly reporting process.
- Works with Project Leads, Managers to ensure all documents needed for a project for Project Review Meeting or movement from one workflow stage to the next (Initiation to Planning)
- Responsible for monitoring and identifying risk and external changes from other cross functional TPG teams that could impact projects in the TPG group of focus.
- As required, communicate and facilitate feedback from the TPG Group on the PMO initiatives, enhancements and procedures to contribute to the PMO continuous improvement process
- Provide advance notice of all PMO communications to GVP’s and SVP to ensure alignment and preparation
- Review Portfolio report and Dashboard for any Variances, Discrepancies, Issues and discuss with Project Leads
- Review Executive Dashboard and Highlight any Variances and Issues that may Draw Executive attention and discuss with SVP
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a project manager leading cross-functional project teams in a matrixed, global environment, including those with complex technical, geographic, and/or regulatory elements
- 3+ years of experience as a Master Scheduler
- Microsoft Project and Project Server proficiency to include schedule planning, schedule development, and schedule analysis
- Experience establishing Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and baseline schedules with task networking, resource loading and leveling, schedule status, performance tracking, and critical path reporting and analysis.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or a related field.
- PMI PMP, PMI-SP or AACE-PSP desired
- Possesses experience in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project Server to publish schedules, status updates, approve changes, resources, and associated artifacts throughout the full life-cycle of a project
- Excellent organizational time management skills
- Strong computer skills, with emphasis on MS Project and MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Strong understanding of IT centric project management best practices
- In-depth understanding of planning and CPM scheduling, methodologies and tools
- In-depth understanding or Work Breakdown Structure, predecessor-successor relationships, resource-loading, cross-project dependencies and baseline comparison/variance calculations
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in scheduling and be able to propose process improvements that will benefit schedules
- Understanding and practical application of agile methodologies with experience working with teams in this construct