19245 – Sr. Desktop Engineer
|Location||Somerset County, NJ|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$95K - $105K + Bonus|
|Job ID Number||19245|
The Sr. Desktop Engineer focuses on developing and engineering solutions that will advance the End User Support vision of a secure, stable, robust, and dynamic end user infrastructure that will support our existing business requirements, as well as easily scale to meet our future needs.
Solid understanding of the engineering design process and the importance of automation, remote tools, teamwork, centralized overview management, incident (requests & problem management) handling and the ITIL model in helping an organization achieve its strategic initiatives and to produce more with rapidly growing demands while operating at a lower TCO is also required. Oversee on-going administration and management for various technology areas including, end-point management and application support for PC, Mac, and mobile.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Provides service as a POC for level II and III support for CS technicians.
- Maintain End User Device management and Virtual platforms
- Provides training for technicians on problem resolution.
- Understanding and coordination of application dependences and impact of changes.
- Resolve L3/L4 issues as they relate to management platforms
- Understanding of current spend and opportunities to lower TCO.
- Service as a POC for projects related to End Users that require engineering expertise act as a subject matter expert for some projects providing task direction to achieve project goals.
- Ability to troubleshoot tier 3 and tier 4 desktop support OS/Application incidents.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Deployment Tool and image management/release/patch.
- Experience with and understanding of active directory and O365 on how it integrates with other systems.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5+ years’ experience as an engineer working with systems used to manage end user desktop environments
- Knowledge of: Citrix VDI, Microsoft 365, End Point Manager, SCCM 1802, Jamf Pro 10.8, Microsoft Intune &Service Now.
- ITIL V3 Framework
- Experience in developing strategic IT plans, business requirements, system design and development and technology evaluation/comparisons
- Proven project planning and management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Technical certifications a plus
- Experience participating in large, global, multi-tool, multi-platform enterprise monitoring implementation/integration projects.
- Expert in the collection of various performance metrics and producing reports.
- Ability to analyze project requirements, draft project plans, milestones and delivery schedules.
- Ability to establish evaluation strategies and implement formative and summative activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Assist in the multi-year road map for end user facing technology and services
- Expertise in scripting using a variety of tools.
- Expertise in monitoring, identifying, analyzing issues and escalating to required levels and attention.
- The understanding of how to provide a comprehensive overview of the total cost of ownership for end user computing devices.
- The ability to leverage existing tools (Azure, SCCM, Citrix) to provide detailed analysis on the total spend per device and per license for enterprise users.