19240 – Product Manager, Digital Selling
|Location||Somerset County, NJ|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$140K - $150K + 15% Bonus|
|Job ID Number||19240|
This role works on several small to large projects that have system wide impact and integrate across the business function as a product manager. He/she is responsible for participation in application design, analysis, development planning, integration planning, and enhancement activities, as well as related maintenance and support. As a leader on the team, you will have the responsibility for driving the team with leader led training on Product Mindset, Agile software development, managing Scrum practices and building for business outcomes. Help coach the product teams and stay up to date on the emerging continuous development methods in the market. This position will partner with IT, outside consulting resources and divisional business teams to determine priorities for the supporting technology and tools.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Leads the business to deliver against the roadmap for digital selling
- Product Manager and Product Coach for the internal team who focuses on employee growth plans and project execution alike.
- Drives workshops and methods aiding in the transformation of team leads into Product Managers
- Product management through lifecycles, including story creation, defining done, building for outcomes, reporting on effectiveness through analysis & financial management.
- Focuses the engineering teams/business owners toward value based development, customer adoption & engagement as part of the critical path
- Enhancing and modifying complex software systems using disciplined software development processes (Agile/Scrum) along with Waterfall methodologies where applicable.
- Develop/Manage the backlog and prioritize in partnership with business owners
- Develop creative workarounds to blockers
- Design software implementation plans that minimize time to value and are built for business outcomes
- Utilizing and staying current with modern platforms and methods
- Thinks of their customer with every change or proposed system
- Translates business and technical requirements into customer focused effort
- Offers suggestions for business process improvements
- Interfacing with testing teams to incorporate plans for automation
- Preparing and presenting status updates for various projects
- Provide technical leadership, business appreciation, coaching, and mentoring to team members
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver digital selling solutions adopted with agile methodologies.
- 8+ years of experience working in a product management, technical product owner or similar capacity
- Prior experience as an agile business analyst is a plus
- Experience creating and maintaining Product backlogs and sorting the Product backlog items according to priority
- Experience with larger enterprises/SDLC processes.
- Experience working in a matrix environment and ability to lead teams through influence
- Demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Experience communicating and presenting technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Agile budgeting experience
- College degree in programming/systems, computer science, or specialized training, certification, or equivalent work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to inform recommendations and drive actions
- Goal oriented and self-motivated within a collaborative team environment
- Proficient in partnering with the merchandising business departments
- Ability to clearly communicate the business requirements to engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts
- Effectively lead teams and plan projects / tasks.
- Ability to analyze resources needed to meet objectives and solve problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to influence decision making at all levels within an organization
- Strong understanding of technologies and products in digital selling space
Following skills are not required, but preferred:
- Agile methodology certifications (e.g. CSPO/CSM)
- Workday certifications
- Experience working with data and analytics platforms